Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hunting and Fishing...


I have a bizarre obsession with camouflage.  I'm fairly certain I've mentioned it before.  It is a widely known fact among friends and family.  If it comes in camo, there's pretty much a guarantee that I'll purchase.  The only real question is how I ended up a fashionista, and not a redneck!


The only answer I can deduce is that most rednecks don't pair their camo with pearls.  Although I'll certainly never understand why!  I scored these Gap skinnies on super sale.  I feel it's worth mentioning that I had to harass customer service to even find a style number, and then cold call stores all over the South.  I was finally graced with an amazing associate in Athens, GA (Nate, I believe).  Initially, he was unable to locate. However, in a dramatic departure from the service we get here in the Northeast, he continued to look even after we hung up.  He then used the store's caller i.d. to phone me back!  Because he did, indeed, find them!  That's right, Folks...I love camo, I love rednecks, and I adore the South!  Amazing!  They were meant to be, and I wear them as such...a lot!


That said, most days I'm more likely to be seen on the street without the pearls and pumps.  But I definitely pair them with a chambray and bright ballerinas.  And, when I'm crazed with the kiddos, I keep it super relaxed in boots and this super soft sweatshirt...on the go!


The bonus with this particular sweatshirt is the embellished neckline, forgoing the need for jewelry.  Don't get me wrong...I live for my statement necklaces!  But every girl needs to take a day off...from time to time.


Bag: Gucci. Sunglasses: RayBan.  Bracelet/Ring: J.Crew
Pants: Gap.  Sweatshirt: Abercrombie & Fitch
Chambray/Pumps/Pearls: J.Crew
Pants: Gap

1 comment: