Thursday, August 8, 2013

Neon Glow


As the summer days begin to wane (because they are, in fact, and at an alarmingly fast rate!), I'm taking a moment to remember how sad I once was to say goodbye to my fashion favorites at the end of the season.  White jeans.  Strappy sandals.  Bright accessories.  I live in all!  But these days, the fashion rules have really lightened up.  In fact, they are no longer...anything goes!  As long as it looks fabulous, of course.  Despite the rules being thrown out the window, there is still a certain nostalgia about the Fall for me.   Jewel tones.  Heavier fabrics.  And, my personal fave, boots!  So, ever the creature of habit, I still pack all my Summer style up by the end of September.  But, I pine for those white jeans for the next seven months!
By all accounts, this neon lace shirt should be added to the pack up list.  The color is brighter than bright.  The lace is, well, lacy.  And it's short-sleeved and lightweight.  Seems to scream Summer.  But I'm just not ready to think about letting it go.  So, I'm pairing it with stone colored jeans, navy suede heels and richly colored jewels.  And when the chill comes in, I'll throw a heather grey academy blazer over it.  And, just like it glows against a summer tan, it will brighten any wash out from the missing sun of winter.  Neon may very well be on it's way out for a while... 
But it's going to be a long goodbye for me!


The emerald green in this necklace totally pops against the neon citron.  So good!
Love a shiny pink lip with neon.


Shirt: Madewell  
Jewelry/Jeans/Bag/Shoes: J.Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment