Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lace...Uptown vs. Downtown


I talked about chambray with eyelet on Monday.  So, you had to know that, I would love it with lace even more!  It's a great way to keep the lace from feeling too precious...although the color on this dress does that same trick.  The rosy brown shade is an amazing neutral base for just about anything.  I like keeping the accessories in similar, tonal shades, and then popping it with the blue of the shirt, and a bright shoe (blue works!).  But, you could also dress it down a little more with a classic riding boot ...or keep it tonal with a brown bootie.


And, perhaps what I love most about this outfit, is the ability of the massive bag to tote along substitute accessories.  You know, for a night out on the town.  I believe you kids refer to it as date night. :-)
For me, it would be a great way to transition from shopping downtown...to amazing dinner and drinks uptown with friends!  Here's to scheduling that fabulous day sometime in the next dozen years!


Lace dress/Chambray: Madewell.  Wedges/Bracelet/Necklace: J. Crew
Pumps: Banana Republic.  Bag: Gucci.  Clutch: Very Jane
Sunglasses: RayBan

No comments:

Post a Comment