Monday, August 5, 2013

Camo continued...




I may have mentioned, once or twice, that I enjoy a good camo pattern.  I thought it might be a good idea to explore the many options available, should you feel the same way that I do.  The new Fall season brings a wealth of options for camouflage, that were not readily available just a few short months ago.  And, with duck season just around the corner, now is the time to stock up.  I feel inclined to mention that all of my hunting knowledge, duck or otherwise, comes from episodes of Duck Dynasty.  I also, may or may not, be more interested in the fabric than usual, with a themed party coming up.  In any case, I feel we should explore the options.  And then, perhaps, we can move onto other fabulous patterns and textiles.  We shall see...
Moving on...camouflage is now available in every possible reincarnation.  And, for those not ready to adhere to the bold statement of the pattern, designers and retailers are giving you accessories in all shapes and variations on the pattern.  I, myself, am partial to the lace up Vans.  Such a classic shoe, but with a kick of camo.  Madewell is carrying them as well, but the women's sizing is difficult to come by.  They are men's shoes, so you need to size down a size and a half, regardless of who you order from.  I adore the simple navy polka dot backpack by Herschel Supply Co., with camo as an accent.  And, if I can't convince either of my girls that camo should be their statement this upcoming school year, Crewcuts also has the full camo version...for my son.  Boys are so much easier!  The artistic camo on the Aritzia skirt is so fresh and new.  Again, this is a great option for people who aren't completely sold on the militant look.  It would look ah-mazing with a chambray shirt (guess we're not past that yet, either.)!  The camo ringer tee was made for boys but, ranging in sizes up to boys 16, it's a great shrunken tee for the more petite out there.  And, I've mentioned the burgeoning baseball cap trend out now...the Fairends hat from Madewell is the perfect way to embrace two trends in one!  There are hundreds of options out there, in addition to these greats!  My best advice is to head to your favorite retailer's web page, and search "camo."  There are, likely, going to be options.  I've included just a few from J.Crew, Madewell and Aritzia.  I'm wearing Forever 21 in the pic below.  And Gap has re-released the famous Always Skinny camos, in a cooler look yet...with front zippers!  Still trying to justify TWO pairs of the exact fitting pant, in the same pattern.  They are selling out fast...online only has the pink version available (not my style but, if you're game, go for it!).  I think it's fair to say that we can close the book on camo for a while.  Enjoy the options...and, as Phil Robertson would say, you'll be happy, happy, happy!  Yes, that is a Duck Dynasty reference...and, no, I do not apologize for it!



                                                                                      
    

Shirt: Forever 21  Necklace/Jeans/Belt: J.Crew
Bag: Gucci  Boots: Madewell
Sorry, could not end the discussion without these knock outs!
No words!

There are also no words for what is happening to this post, once I publish it.  Pics are crazed, text is weird.  Aaaagh!  Help!  Or overlook it!  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment