Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to Me!

My children are constantly adding items to their "wish list."  Like every day.  So, it is a long running joke (because we can't get presents every time we leave the house!), that if they truly love something, they should put it on their "list."  It varies which list the items make it to, birthday or Christmas.  I think the biggest consideration, for them, is if they think Grandma or Santa is a better bet for them to actually receive it!  I can relate, as my mother is my primary (re: only!) gift bestower, in most cases.  It has never stopped me from making my comprehensive list each birthday.  I am, actually, two days late in posting it.  I prefer to have my wish list items confirmed at least a month in advance.  I was more wrapped up in party planning than I thought I'd be, and ended up taking an impromptu two day hiatus.  But, I'm back, and ready to share my most covetable items for my impending birthday next month.  As always, there is lots of sparkle and accessories.  Can never have enough jewelry, bags and shoes!  I'd have to say that a new iPhone 5 tops the list though.  I use my phone every day, for both business and personal, and my 4S has been on its way out, essentially, since I got it.  It's time!  I love my fragrance, Jennifer Aniston.  It's so light and refreshing, and I just found out yesterday that Sephora stores have stopped carrying!  Panic alert!  The beauty items I love most nearly always get discontinued...I have no idea what that says about me!  Maybe I'm just too cutting edge...ha ha!  And the Visa card because, let's face it, cash is always a fan favorite!  So, although I will likely end up gifting myself most of these items over time, it is always so much fun "window shopping," in anticipation of my "special day."  
Happy birthday to me...for the next month!

As an aside, while I was on leave, this little blog of mine surpassed 1000 views.  It doesn't seem like much, compared to all the fabulous style blogs with thousands of followers, but it is a great accomplishment for me!  I have enjoyed every minute of writing it!
And, if you love reading, follow me!
Please! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment