Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Parisian Pattern Mixing...



I've been to Paris only once, and it was for little more than 24 hours.  I did manage to squeeze in all the sights of interest...the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Laduree.  Ever since, though, I've dreamed of my return...especially to shop!
In the meantime, there is occasion from time to time, that I find myself in a French state of mind.  And, for whatever reason, mixing stripes and floral, and topping with a little Louis, always makes me feel like I'm off to a cafe on the Seine.  And, P.S., pointy toe ballet flats with bows couldn't feel any more Parisian!
And, because I spend most of my day in and out of air conditioning, I will (inevitably) end up freezing in the mini.  I'll carry along my slouchy cashmere sweater to throw on, and finish the look.
I love the floral on this skirt, but the length and chiffon prohibit it from moving on to Fall.

PHOTO CRED: B.WILLIAMS

A great alternative for the chillier months is this gorgeous chiffon top from Forever 21.  And, at $15, it's an easy commitment!  Of course, I'll layer it with a Tres Chic sweater and jeans.  I initially purchased this sweater to turn into a pillow for my bedroom, but have since decided that a couple of wearings are in order first!  So, Paris may be some time off in the future for me...in the interim, I'm off to pick up some macarons in style!






Au Revoir!


Shirt/Sweater/Bracelets/Shoes: J.Crew. Skirt: Abercrombie
Sunglasses: Michael Kors. Bag: Louis Vuitton

No comments:

Post a Comment