Monday, August 19, 2013

Pattern & Balance


As September draws nearer, I typically have a minor panic attack that I need to wear my summer favorites, before they're packed away for the colder months ahead.  Although, here in the Northeast, the summer can drag its way deep into October.  Regardless, my rules don't change.  On the Tuesday following Labor Day, all summer wardrobe goes into hibernation until mid to late April.  With that, I'll be taking the next couple of weeks to squeeze in, just one more wear of, some pretty great pieces from the season.
Today is supposed to be about this amazing popover.  I got it very late in the season, at a price that seems criminal.  It's a collection piece, that I know I will adore forever. The boxier cut is a great balance for a shorter length on bottom.  It is also a great pair to a skinny jean.  I'm all for balanced wardrobing.  Mixing full or boxy on top, with shorter or skinny bottoms, will always work.  And, you'll feel appropriately covered.  This top fits the bill perfectly!  So much so, that I've decided that it can play a little further into fall.  It is a slightly heavier weight cotton/silk blend, and the colors are just muted enough to pull it off.  I'll be pairing with destroyed denim and low boots for a casual vibe, and layered over a white shirt with navy Minnies and heels, for a more refined look.
So, today has turned into the goodbye to my denim shorts. Truth be told, although I love them, these particular shorts may not be resurrected next year.  They're a little on the short side, for my lifestyle of constant bending and lifting, and it's better to be safe...than give strangers a show!  I will miss them dearly!  
I'm also packing up my favorite wedges.  They are necessary for the leg lengthening look the shorts so desperately need.  They are also the perfect shade of tan.  I look forward to relying on them for many years to come, for everything from mini skirts and shorts, to elevating casual jeans and t-shirts.
Two down...a million more to go!  Here's wishing for a slow goodbye to summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment