Monday, July 1, 2013

Stella McCartney revisited...a vision for Fall


I have cause to revisit an event that I attended several months back.  I was in the company of a favorite client, and her pre-order items have begun coming in.  I was honored to attend the Stella McCartney Fall event at Neiman Marcus Short Hills...and a stunning event, it was.  There was not one gorgeous detail overlooked...by Neiman's or Stella.  Although I adored every article of clothing that was beautifully showcased by models parading about the space, it was meeting two fashion icons that truly thrilled me.  For anyone who doesn't know, the man pictured above is the illustrious Ken Downing, V.P. and Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus.  As a stylist and fashion lover, I've followed Mr. Downing's career for some time now.  His philosophy of cultivating confidence, and empowering women, through fashion is completely in sync with my own.  The sole reason that I got into this business is just that...to make women (and a few men!) feel beautiful!  It was a real treat to meet Ken, and share in some of that passion.


Above, is the inimitable Stella McCartney herself.  And this picture is a perfect depiction of that passion that we all share...for making women feel beautiful.  Stella is an amazing, charismatic designer, with an eye for beauty and detail in every creation.  She was genuine and inspiring, and the time she spent talking to each and every attendee truly made the event special.  Again, it was an honor to be in her presence!


The above pictured are two of the looks from her pre Fall line.  The feather print brocade is so rich, and the bell sleeve is total perfection.  And the studded snakeskin (faux) clutch is amazing!


The lace detail on this floor length gown is one that ran through the entire line...absolutely gorgeous...as are the brilliant shades of red and coral of the gown.  And, the tortoise clutch...no words!  


I was enticed to revisit this amazing event, because some of my client's flagged pieces have begun to arrive.  She was unable to stop in for a fitting, so I did so for her.  And, these pants.  Are AMAZING!  Again, the lace detail is there, and is show stopping!  The fit is just perfection...and they will literally be worn forever!  Forever.  Period.  They are an investment piece, don't get me wrong.  But, one that will certainly pay over time.  Gorgeous!


This is the feather print from earlier, so pardon my paste-like legs (evidently, I could a little more sun...or bronzer...maybe even tights!  Yikes!)  It is such a pretty silhouette, and the bell sleeve truly is fantastic!  Although I'm sporting a fantastic pair of bordeaux Louboutins, I could just as easily envision this with tights and and a great pair of boots.  The color is amazing!

So, in closing, the Stella McCartney Fall line is stunning...no question!  And I know my client will love these first additions to her Fall wardrobe.  For anyone whose budget does not include couture (most of us!), there is still a great vision to emulate with these pieces.  Brocade prints, rich jewel tones, lace details and tortoise accents will all be prevalent themes throughout Fall...and, in every price point.  In the months to come, and as more brands begin to release their versions of fall, I'll be highlighting various pieces that reflect these themes in all budgets.  Get ready for gorgeous!



No comments:

Post a Comment