Thursday, July 25, 2013

J.Crew...Like For Ever


I had been planning to venture to J.Crew since Tuesday, when I knew the new August concept was hitting the store.  I finally made it in today and, I have to say, I entered the store with mixed emotions.  It was a far darker palette than I've seen in J. Crew in a long time.  In fact, there was so much black, I started to panic a little.  I don't really wear a ton of black.  Not sure if it's the many years I spent working for Banana Republic, or the years I lived in the city, or just the fact that I live in New Jersey and it just seems so cliche...but I don't find myself seeking out black as a wardrobe option.  I tend toward the lighter neutrals, with bright pops of color.  That said, I kept an open mind.  And then, J.Crew pulled me back in...with camo.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I have an affinity for anything camouflage.  It will remain a mystery forever how I didn't end up married to a hunter.  A story for another day, I guess.  I am immediately drawn to anything and everything camo!  And the skinny military chino in the above pic did not disappoint.  I love everything about this outfit...the silhouette of the pant, the slouch of the sweater, and the sexy ankle straps on the shoes.  Amazing in every way!  It's a must have outfit for Fall!  Also loved the great shrunken military jacket, shown on the left...perfect shade of green!


And then this happened...pure genius!  The color block on the anorak...gorgeous!  The subtle heart print on in timeless black and white.  The perfectly weathered (and fitting!) toothpick jean.  The stunning crystal necklace...a million and one uses!  And, again, that ankle strap!  Never one for silver shoes (I'm a gold girl, through and through), these shoes have changed my tune!  Again, outfit perfection!


My beloved camo, in a quilted vest!  Layered with a denim jacket, anything but basic slim chinos, and that gorgeous oxblood shoe!  I need this in my life!


You may recognize the emblem embroidered hat from my last concept post.  It has hit online, and shall be ordered immediately!  Although I have never been much of a baseball hat girl, it was such a statement piece throughout the new collection.  I will definitely be jumping on this bandwagon...saves on time in the morning, for sure!  There was an amazing leopard print as well, that I'm slightly annoyed that I missed a photo op of.  The cropped jacket was beautiful in person.  And the color block dress will be a constant wardrobe go-to.


And, as if they didn't get me with every other piece of fabulous, the new jewelry collection is flawless!  This burgundy mixed media necklace is stunning!


And, just because I love myself some family fab, this quartet was adorable!  Notice the gorgeous, beaded baseball cap on Mom.  And the color of the Crewcuts dress is lovely!  Camo tie on chambray?  For me...sold!


I said it last year...the smoking slipper trend is not going away.  This studded Darby hits it out of the park!  With all the caps, I felt a baseball reference was apropos!


I tell my clients all the time...if you have the opportunity (and the cash!), purchase a Chanel jacket.  It is one of the most timeless pieces of clothing you can own.  They, very literally, do not go out of style.  If you cannot, however, buy this amazing tweed!  Actually, even if you do own the Chanel, this color is stunning in person...and every bit as timeless.  Buy it as well!  Adore it with the stripe!



There are no words for this necklace...and the picture does it little justice.  It is a show stopper!  It was a sample piece, and I will be counting the seconds until it hits the store!  AMAZE!


And please excuse the pic on this perfect tunic...I ran out of time to try on, and didn't see one displayed.  It is amazing!  The neckline is slightly ballet...the cut is slouchy, without being too boxy...and leather patch pockets...are you serious??  I grabbed one for a client traveling to chillier climates this week, but am secretly hoping she will not fall in love with it.  Mine, all mine!

I know the new catalog has made its way to many, and there are a ton of pieces already available online.  I can tell you, firsthand, every piece of August is a knockout!  I have a feeling there will be a ton of sell through, and very quickly, on this collection.  Grab it while it's hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment