Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Orange you glad...

An Orange A Day

An Orange A Day by kmvstyle featuring crossbody handbags

I didn't say neon?  It's no secret that I have a love affair with neon...but, for some, it's too much.  Too blindingly bright...too attention grabbing.  For those looking for a great pop of color, without the need for sunglasses, orange is perfection.  Although certainly available in neon shades, there is an orange hue for everyone.  It is widely expressed to be the most universally flattering color, as well.  That means it looks good on every skin tone, every hair color, everyone...even you, naysayers.  And, if you're not ready for the head to toe look, there are scores of amazing accessories...I'm telling you, it works well with almost every color!  But, if your still not buying orange as the color you need in your life, paint it on your toes.  Your feet will be prettier in an instant...promise!  Truth be told, there was a time (not so long ago) that I didn't really pay the color any mind.  It has always been my sister's favorite color, and I can recall refusing to wear any shade of it in her wedding.  As luck would have it, I was the Maid of Honor, and could get away with a champagne gown (and did).  It's only been a few years that I've truly experimented with orange in my wardrobe, and there is, truly, no turning back!  On a recent Fall pre-shop, I was reminded of just how well it plays with khaki...


The hue is borderline neon on this amazing Comptoir des Cotonniers frock...it is so stunning!  And fantastic with a classic khaki trench (from the same designer).  I even love that they took it one step further, and matched the shoes to the dress...AMAZE against a tan!


These are the shoes!  They would also add a great punch to a jeans and tee look!

The easy answer to polishing this look is this J.Crew stunner!

But, just for fun, this amazing tortoise and turquoise would really take it up a notch!  Also from J.Crew because, let's face it, their jewelry collection is unmatched!  Especially for the price point!  They make the outfit...this one in particular...or just about any!

Above, I featured a great Ted Baker dress in the tangerine hue.  However, while out and about, I came across the same dress in a neutral, champagne shade.  It still has the amazing color pop in the embroidery, but would make a great option for any of my wallflowers!  It was featured in the Ted Baker shop at Bloomingdale's, and I know there is a sale this weekend.  Might be time to shop some new frocks...



P.S. No necklace required here...just a stack of gold bracelets, and a strappy, nude heel.  Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment