Friday, July 26, 2013

Maternity leave...but definitely not mine!


I cannot believe that I didn't mention this in my praise-heavy review of J.Crew's new collection yesterday!  Although I will never again have a need, nor would these styles have been able to contain my 75 lb. weight gain during pregnancy, J.Crew is offering two styles of pant in maternity sizing!  The Pixie pant and, the iconic, Minnie pant!  I don't recall there being much, in the way of cool clothing, during my first pregnancy.  And, as aforementioned, my massive weight gain (in addition to record-setting temps) limited my fashion to mu mu style maxi dresses.  I was slightly smaller during my second pregnancy (despite carrying twins), and was able to squeeze into some decent styles of denim from Citizens, Gap etc.  And, thankfully, was able to maintain my personal style with J.Crew tops in larger sizes.  But the Minnie, in maternity...that is groundbreaking!  I always struggled with finding a nicer pant, that didn't add more bulk.  These will fit the bill for all you preggers, and preggers-to-be, out there!  Looking forward to what other styles J.Crew will bring in to keep all the expectant mothers out there chic and timeless...

No comments:

Post a Comment