Tuesday, April 15, 2014

On Repeat...Denim Jacket



It's still a little shocking to me...just how much I rely on a denim jacket to complete an outfit.  It's been going on since the mid-80's and sure, the washes have changed significantly throughout the years.  The cut has gone from boxy and oversized, to fitted and cropped, and everything in between.  Nonetheless, it always works...with any combination, from casual to dress.  And, this time of year, it's the ideal layering piece for chilly nights, days, impromptu movie dates (ha!)...
This particular one made an appearance just a few posts ago, with a preppy sailor tee and flippy skirt combo.  And it always works with a simple, t-shirt dress.  


   Love this one, in a seasonless shade of jungle green.  I'll be wearing this again in the fall, layered with a cozy sweater and boots.


 For now, lightweight scarves add texture.  And (are we sick of them yet?), I'm keeping it casual in my favorite metallic Vans.  I have to say it...I am a full-fledged Van girl!  Time to move to California, and date a musician.  Kidding...I think.


Denim jacket/Vans/scarf: J.Crew
Dress: Madewell
Camo Clutch/Ring: Shop Maison KMV


No comments:

Post a Comment