Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Just a Dab of Color...








I love wearing a completely neutral outfit, and popping it with something interesting...like a great pattern on a shirt, or a brightly colored necklace.  In this instance , I did both.  I took an insanely soft, slouchy sweater (on sale in stores now), and layered a black and white ikat shirt and a crystal necklace, wrapped in bright yellow.  I added a gold clutch with a turquoise evil eye, for a little more punch.


Since the weather is still a little iffy, I keep a lightweight jacket around at all times.  And, I cannot stress enough, camo is a neutral!  Love this boyfriend style and, although not waterproof, it does have a hood...should you find yourself in a flash rain storm.


I love rings, as a statement piece, and usually wear my KMV signature ring.  This faceted blue chalcedony is a little more understated, but with a touch of sparkle.  Love how it plays off the clutch!
Both, by the way, are available at Shop Maison KMV ;-)


Big cuffs are in, and I love the look on these Earnest Sewn skinnies.  


I love the crystal blue water color of this ring but, perhaps even more, is the mix of gold and silver.  Goes with everything!


Another big trend is the white pump.  Since I am consistently destroying my shoes, pure white is never the answer for me!  I am substituting with with these studded pale stone heels (at last glance, still available at J.Crew.com for a steal!).  These are, by far and away, the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned!  Promise!


Jacket/Shirt/Sweater/Necklace/Shoes: J.Crew
Ring/Clutch: Shop Maison KMV
Jeans: Earnest Sewn
Aviators: Ray Ban

Photo Credit: Brooklyn W. Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment