Thursday, April 3, 2014

Floral Fashionista

Floral Overload

I'll admit it.  I always get a little overzealous the minute April arrives.  Particularly, if we happen to catch a break in the weather (like we have, these past few days. Yay!).  There's something about the above freezing temps that seem to magnetize me to anything with a bold floral motif.  The flowers aren't quite blooming around these parts, so it's the perfect time to infuse some bright, beautiful colors into your wardrobe.  And, what a wake up call for all that denim we're living in!  My favorite florals are those with a classic base color of navy, white or black...the gorgeous images really pop!  Love these pointed toe flats from the Gap!  Such a pretty, yet somehow neutral, floral that will work with just about anything...great gateway piece to the trend, with a friendly $40 price tag.  The hightops from F21 might be a stretch for me, personally, but I swear I'd buy them just to display them!  So pretty, with a little edge!
I'm a one-piece swimsuit girl these days, but this amazing strapless from Zimmerman is far from a mom suit!  Which, to me, totally justifies the price ($365).
I think a flirty, floral scent is perfect for the season.  And Estee Lauder's Modern Muse has been a runaway hit.  Love!  In other beauty news, I just picked up this Rimmel Lip Lacquer and, so far, so good.  There is some reapply necessary but, for about five dollars, that's totally expected.  I went with Aurora, for a bold, pink lip.
Mixing feminine crystal pieces with organic, rough hewn jewelry always works, and keeps the look from being to fussy.
Now, all there is to do is wait for the first bunches of peonies to hit the market (any day now), and I'll be a happy girl :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment