Monday, March 31, 2014

Sunny Days = More Skirts


Sometimes, on sunny days in March, I like to pretend that it is actually skirt weather.  It isn't.  But, if I will it to be, it will happen sooner, right?
I adore a trumpet skirt!  So flattering!  Makes your legs look at least 30% thinner (absolutely no science to this math), floats away from the body so as not to constrict, and can easily be dressed up or down.  As evidenced in this outfit.  It's easy to be pretty in a skirt...add a cashmere sweater or silk blouse, some great jewelry and a sky-high pair of heels.  Done!
It's so much more unexpected to build a sporty look around one.  I love an oversized sweater, layered with a boyfriend jacket (in camo, of course!).  I keep the leg-lengthening height with wedge booties.  And, just because, I juxtapose my accessories with an over-the-top statement necklace and a baseball cap.  Far from the norm, but so, so fun!
And that does it!  The last of my winter looks from the last few weeks.  From here on out, it's all spring, all the time.  With, or without, the weather cooperating!
Spring ahead!

Skirt/Cap/Necklace/Boots/Socks: J.Crew
Sweater: Madewell
Jacket: Gap


No comments:

Post a Comment