Monday, March 17, 2014

New J.Crew...but just a few





My initial thought for today's post was to present an homage to the color green (one of my favorites), in honor of the day.  That said, I've gotten so many requests for a sneak peek at J.Crew's newest concept, I felt that needed to be a priority.  Ironically, green (and a touch of blue) ended up being the only "color" in a predominantly neutral palette for this rollout.  The blue/green floral on this chiffon dress is so fresh for spring...love it paired down with crisp, white vans!
                                                                                                                                               

There is never a better time for nautical stripes than in the spring!  It's true...this tee is perfect (C'est Parfait!)!  White denim is a go-to for the next several months, so make sure yours are crisp and clean!  And the Downing tote (pictured, and coming in three colors) is a must-have for spring/summer!


I truly wish I had time to try on this brilliant a-line skirt.  The color and pattern is so vibrant, and the style is selling out fast!
                                                                                                                                              

The overall palette of this concept is super neutral.  Lots of white (and off-white) on white.  Love!  The "pop" within the white story was a gorgeous olive shade that, itself, plays a neutral.  This tunic tee is everything!  Slouchy and loose, with side slits, it will work overtime this season...from denim to swimsuit cover up.  Stock up!

Side view, for slit detail.


Another heavy hitter is this silky, drapey sleeveless tee.  Again, shown in the olive (and available in four colors).  It elevates the denim rolled cuff short, and will work with practically every bottom you own!


I have mentioned the huge push for athletic wear in the seasons ahead.  It has truly become a staple of everyday wardrobing, and these pants are a prime example of how to do it right!  The fit is slim, and even a little slouchy...but not sloppy.  Layered with denim and a military jacket, and finished with a little metallic, they are the cozy feel...without the gym look.


Again, neutral reigned...lots of white, with a navy linen cardigan.  This cardigan, coming in several colors, is the perfect third piece.


Margot Tenenbaum.
That is all I can think of when I look at this dress, my favorite piece of the delivery.  It's a bit tennis-ey, slightly costumey, and totally chic!  It was only shown in the window (hence the glare on the pic below), but the fit is impeccable!


Although I knew these were coming this year, I mentally could not prepare myself for their arrival.  Yes, they're revamped in metallic.  Yes, they are super comfortable.  But, yes, I still cringe when I see my feet in nearly every pic from college!  Birkenstocks are having a huge moment again and, by all means, give it a try!  I am, however, going to sit this one out.


I will be far more apt to be seen in these beauties.  Love the perfect neutral shade, the slimming ankle strap, and the leg-lengthening heel.  The perfect addition to all the shorts on their way!


And, for those of you somewhere in the middle, I have to feature these Madewell stunners!  The Beatrice ankle-strap skimmer is a winner...beautiful metallic, the perfect neutral flat and a great price ($128)!
You. Are. Welcome.


This was a tiny rollout, with just a few perfect basics to get us through to the big delivery...arriving next week.  So, now is the time to perfect your neutral wardrobe...it will be a great base for the color ahead!





















No comments:

Post a Comment