Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring!

Spring Has Sprung

It's here!!!  The first day of spring...finally!  And, although the weather is not really cooperating, I am getting into a warmer days ahead state of mind.  I'm anchoring every look with a trench, since I'm convinced there's plenty of rain in the forecast...plus, they make every look more pulled together!
Just as winter has me clamoring to wear all my dark colors, the first of spring has me dreaming of the lightest palette.  I love the notion of wearing nothing but light, airy neutrals...and finishing it with a bright, statement shoe and a coral lip.  So fresh!  Since I live with three children, I'm more likely to base my neutrals in greys, rather than whites, but I'll dream for a moment!
I am a huge proponent of investing in an amazing trench.  It is a classic that will never go out of style, and I reach for mine year round.  I generally keep several in the darker tan range, but I'm obsessed with this light, almost white, cotton blend by Burberry Brit!  A great spring basic in ivory, this B by Brian Atwood Gena tote is available in several colors that work year round.  This bag will, very literally, fit the kitchen sink!  It is a gorgeous steal of an investment piece at $495.  I live in jeans...so I'm getting myself a fresh pair of white toothpicks (worn so often, they rarely last more than year), and I'm loving the patched look on these Goldsign for J.Crew!  I'm a jewelry girl, so making a statement with baubles is always a priority.  Each piece shown adds to the sparkle factor, without disrupting the pale color story.  As noted, I'm popping this look with AMAZING embroidered Everlys from J.Crew.  This cross-stitch look is major for spring and can be found in everything from bags and espadrilles, to these gorgeous heels.  Lastly, nothing says spring (and, consequently, summer!), than a bright coral lip.  It brightens the palest of skin tones, and is available at every price point.  It's the simplest, and most cost-effective, way to stay on trend.  So, let's hear it for warmer temps...after this long winter, we deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment