Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Saying Goodbye to the Polar Vortex...



Each year, at about this time (March!), I truly start to crave the warmer weather.  With the first day of spring quickly upon us (hello...tomorrow!!), I begin the long goodbye to my wintry layers.  I start to incorporate lighter, brighter colors.  I lose the socks, and bring out my favorite heels and ballet flats.  Before that happens, though, I like to give my winter basics one last showing...their last goodbye, before I flip the switch to spring.  And, although I don't often wear the color black (eschewing it for navy, which washes me out less), I tend to overcompensate these last few weeks of winter.  Most of the black I own is in heavier fabrications, as shown in the velvet jacket and waxed denim, above.  I love these pieces and, mixed in with the color of the rest of my wardrobe, they are some of my favorites.  That said, there is nothing chicer than black and white.  The mix of classics, with a simple cable sweater, a shawl collar blazer and pearls, easily balances the edge of waxed denim moto jeans.  And, since I am never without my pop of color, a red clutch and leopard wedges finish a great work to dinner ensemble.  The look is layered and cozy and, by this time next month, will be happily packed away until next winter!
I'll miss you most, magical, ever-slimming moto pant...warmer days await!



No comments:

Post a Comment