Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Daily Wardrobe...The Sporty Doppelganger

Lululemon Saves the Day...

As a busy mother of three, I like to pretend that I am always a pillar of fashion, and perfectly pulled together.  As a stylist, I like to pretend that I scour every brand and shop to find myself the perfect pieces for every season.  And, although this is a service I offer to each and every client...when it comes to my own wardrobe, I'm more apt to stick to my go-to's.
As you can see by this Polyvored depiction of my wardrobe, that includes a little Lululemon for comfort, some Madewell for edge, and a healthy dose of J.Crew. Because, let's face it, it's high quality and looks good!
The three items to the left are my must haves from Lululemon, currently.  The Wunder Under pant because it will, without a doubt, make your butt look better than it ever has!  The Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve, because it is the perfect layering tee, and great post workout throw on.  And, lastly, the Iconic Wrap sweater.  This sweater is the epitome of their "power to pinot" marketing, as it works just as well leaving yoga, as it does paired with your favorite destroyed denim, grabbing drinks with friends.  It comes in several colors, but I love the grey shadow stripe.  See for yourself!
I always make sure to have at least three pairs of jeans that I love, because I basically live in them!  I'm partial to destroyed boyfriend, at the moment.  Loving the J.Crew Vintage Straight in Abbot Wash, but I always keep a skinny on back-up for tucking into wellies and riding boots.
The Statement Sweatshirt is still in full force.  I love them all, from jeweled and embroidered, to printed and boxy!  I am, of course, partial to this great camo one from J.Crew.  It's the perfect camo, and you'll be wearing it straight through the summer.
In the bitter cold we've been experiencing here in the Northeast, I haven't had much use for my favorite aviators, but we can dream...  I have, however, completed my daily look with a broad array of scarves, a few trusty parkas and a great bag.  In all, the pieces are truly casual, but they mix well for a decidedly pulled together look.
This winter has been a bit of a departure from my usual polished preppy look, but I have really adapted to my new sporty doppelganger.  I think I'll keep her around for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment