Monday, June 24, 2013

Transitional Style

Pre-Fall

Pre-Fall by kmvstyle featuring leather ballet flats

As temps soared near the triple digits here today, what better reason to start dreaming of Fall?  There are so many great basics to have in your wardrobe that are practically season less...particularly in the fickle Northeast weather! And, it's certainly not helping that most of my favorite stores are rolling out early Fall items already!  Pictured above are just a few of my favorites...I'm not re-inventing fashion here.  Most of these pieces would fall into just about any one's requirements for a base wardrobe.  That said, these are my personal preferences but, as I tell any of my clients, you can make each piece your own in the way that you style it!  No matter the season, I require at least three pairs of jeans that look great!  These days, I prefer more of a boyfriend style, with some rips and tears for character. I usually buy my favorite style of skinny jeans a couple sizes bigger, so that the legs still have a great cut and don't add bulk.  I'd like to say that I only have one Breton style stripe tee, however, the sad fact is that I probably own closer to twenty!  No matter, they add instant chic to a pair of ripped up jeans.  Finish it with a great statement necklace, a pair of nude ballet flats and a classic military jacket to ward off an impending chill (albeit a sudden change in weather or a frigid movie theater).  Either way, the look is totally polished!  Another must have for any wardrobe is the customary white tee...I know, groundbreaking.  But, in all seriousness, a great one is hard to find.  So, when you find the one that speaks to you, buy three...you will wear them out quickly!  A fantastic black skirt is always a necessity.  I would venture to say that most people favor a pencil, but I prefer a skirt with some edge.  The Stella McCartney pictured above fits the bill, and can be paired with a black tank, heels and some great jewelry for a night out, or a chambray shirt and some flip flops (not pictured...blasphemous!) for running errands about town.  Some unlikely summer additions are a cozy cashmere sweater (for breezy night walks on the beach), a lightweight scarf (which can add color or texture without a lot of bulk and, for me, a required leopard print) and Hunter wellies (mine have seen more wear this soggy Spring than ever before!).  Classic monogram jewelry adds a personal touch...aviators add style...and, let's face it, is there anyone that doesn't covet a Celine bag??  The leather motorcycle jacket and riding boots (unless you're an equestrian) are quintessential Fall items..but who says you can't start shopping for your favorites now.  You never know when a great pre-season sale will strike!  So,  double check your wardrobe for the basics, and get stocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment