Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Because you're only 8 once...

Anyone that knows me at all knows that I love a party with a great theme.  It's the reason I enjoy planning parties so much.  A themed party feels special.  And there is nothing more special than a birthday party...but I'll elaborate more on that next week!  In any case, I think everyone should feel extra special on their birthday.  I try to think of something new and fun for each year.  Tomorrow, my eldest turns eight, and I'm so proud of her! This year, her birthday coincides with her last day of school...a definite cause for celebration!  So, I am treating her to a birthday scavenger hunt, complete with eight treats...one for every year she has brought me joy!  And, since I love a theme, the gifts have two...Lalaloopsy dolls and fairy books.  I'll bet you can guess two of this eight year old's favorite things!  The banner was a last minute addition, since I couldn't find the one I made for her last year.  This one came together in about 20 minutes, with the use of glittery, self-adhesive letters and the all-time best craft tool ever...the Martha Stewart circle cutter!  Mine's gotten  some real mileage on it since purchasing three years ago!  Invest...you'll thank me!


 Lots of pretty bows and cupcake/ice cream cones...will blend perfectly with her birthday party theme!


 The birthday hunt supplies...all ready to be packaged.  As you can see, lots of pink and gold, with aqua accents...so pretty!


 All wrapped up!  All that's left is to find eight great hiding spots...and write eight fun clues!


This one is Clue#2...The fridge that doesn't work!


Her birthday card, and the start of all the fun!  A pretty clipboard, complete with clues!


Happy 8th Birthday, Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment