Monday, July 21, 2014

The Way Life Should Be...

Maine Essentials

I recently enjoyed a few days away with the kids, in beautiful coastal Maine.  We had two stops on our agenda...Kennebunk and Bar Harbor.  We enjoyed both thoroughly, and fully embraced the laid back lifestyle and fashion.  I've been partial to Maine brands lately, particularly with the discovery of The Ropes Maine bracelets and Sea Bags, in the last couple of years.  Love that they both collaborated with J.Crew this year!
And, after nearly five days, I feel that I can comment, without compromise, on the necessities for your next trip!
Denim shorts (and jeans, for those chilly evenings) are a must, easily transitioning from beach to dinner with a change of top, and some tie-dye sandals. 
Nautical stripes blend right in to the Americana that surrounds, and pair well with your Sea Bags tote, available in all sizes and styles, all over the great state.
Don't forget your swimsuit (and, possibly, a wetsuit!)  Prepare yourself...the water is chilly!
I also must say...I was pleasantly surprised by the shopping.  Lots of great, little shops, chock full of Maine goodies!
Check out some of my favorites:

Daytrip Society (& Daytrip Jr.) - Kennebunkport
Spaces Kennebunkport - Kennebunkport
The Maine Lobster - Bar Harbor
Shard - Bar Harbor

And, if you're with the kiddos, you have to schedule a stop at


And, as I'm always looking for new shop goods, hoping to stock these beauties for Spring/Summer 2015!
Bait Bag Clutch - by Alaina Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment