Thursday, July 10, 2014

Shop Maison KMV Trunk Show...


The dream has always been to have my own shop.  A gorgeous, little space with cozy corners and pretty vignettes.  But, let's face it...brick and mortar boutiques are expensive!  Particularly in my area of the world, where location is everything!  And location means top dollar.


So, when the time came to realize this dream of mine, it was a no-brainer to build the shop online.  Of course, I had to teach myself a whole lotta tech first!  And, it's a slow build, because I am still learning (and growing) every day.


A few weeks back, however, I got a taste of retail, when I hosted a trunk show in my home, of all the gorgeous summer product.  And it was amazing!  I loved being able to merchandise everything, and really give people the opportunity to style it all and, most importantly, see and feel the quality.


Granted, I was also hostessing (another great love of mine!), so the typical salesmanship fell to the wayside, for grabbing another drink for someone.  I may, or may not, have forgotten to gather e-mails.  And, I may, or may not, have missed an opportunity to include the website card in every single purchase.  But, given the fact that my air conditioning conked out halfway through the evening (on a 90 degree day!), I was thrilled to have gotten as many people to stay and shop as I did!
And, in all, it was a tremendous success!


And, the business plan shifted ever so slightly, to include trunk shows.  At other people's houses, clearly, as it was determined a co-hostess is necessary!  I am so excited to be able to merchandise the goods, and truly work with my customers to build the look!  And, I'm even bringing my props to you!  Including this cute guy, who represented the children's section...comprised of the new Let Them Eat Cake girls tee...


And, my absolute favorite, Little Lux jewelry for girls!  Sold out of these adorable pom-pom elephants in the first five minutes!


 I was blessed to have my fabulous photographer friend, Kathy Hoos, on hand to capture some of the beauty.  Because, of course, in the last minute rush of food prep and entertaining, I didn't get a single photo myself!  So, huge thanks to you, Kathy!  You saved the day!


I got to share my passion with friends and family, serve some yummy food and drink and sell lots of beautiful jewelry and accessories.  Perfect night!
So, if you're interested in hosting a Shop Maison KMV trunk show, and live in the greater NY/NJ area, contact me at 
kmvstyle@gmail.com
Because it's a thing now...and who doesn't love to eat, drink and shop with their friends?


No comments:

Post a Comment