Monday, July 28, 2014

Don't You Just Love New Stuff?

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  September is my absolute favorite month (and not at all related to my birthday, promise!)!  Okay, maybe it's a tie with October.  The point is, I love fall!  The colors, the textures, the layering...ahhh, just gorgeous!  I say it's neck and neck with October, because the temps can tend to be a little high for the fashion in September.  That said, you'll still find me in the rich color, and layering it up!  Air conditioning to the rescue!  I love camel, and the above sweater is a favorite for this delivery.  The juxtaposition of the slouchy, boyfriend shape, and the feminine lace, is perfection!  Also available in a beautiful, heathered grey...always a classic!
Fall is almost always about burgundy (or oxblood, or Cabernet, or about a million other incantations...) and navy.  So, it's no surprise to see them front and center in J.Crew.  Destroyed denim continues to be a theme.  However, new to the season is the mix of tunic lengths, layered under shorter silhouettes.  This is a look that I'm still getting used to, as the tunic length has never been an easy one for me.  Still, I love the way this glen plaid schoolboy blazer pairs with the striped button down tunic.
 I've spoken in the past of the importance of a crisp, white shirt to any wardrobe.  And fall brings no exception.  Great layered under slouchy sweaters and, in the case of this gold embroidered style, fantastic on its own!  Wear with your favorite destroyed toothpick jeans, or a pencil skirt.  So versatile!
 Indigo.  A year round statement that always works!  Love all these denim pairings with every shade of blue!
Love this navy, tunic length sweatshirt.  Something about the copper-colored, embroidered heart...so cute!  And more destroyed vintage straights...I live in mine!
Hugo Guinness.  'Nough said.  "You are here" feels a lot like daily life, for me.  Love it's simple statement.
I have never been an oxford wearer...yet I adore them on everyone else!  It's a phantom act of fashion.  I might be persuaded by the calf hair, leopard version, though.  So cool.
Many of these pics were taken prior to being "accessorized."  And this may take you by shock, coming from a known jewelry fanatic, but I'm digging their low key vibe.  No worries...I'll still be tasseling into fall!
The stage.  The center point of the store and, generally, where I find my favorite looks.  Loving the lattice pleated skirt and the gold foiled heart sweatshirt!
It is hardly predictable that this camo shirt is almost completely sold out already!  It continues to be a thriving trend and, dare I say, nearly a neutral.  Gasp!  Even if you're not ready for that, you know that those leopard kitten heels absolutely are!  So, if you have not invested in a leopard pump yet, now is the time!
In my Top 13 a few days ago, I spoke briefly about the continued partnerships that J.Crew is collaborating with.  These were the two most interesting to me.  Fragrance is always an interesting addition.  After a storied career with Abercrombie & Fitch (you can smell it already, can't you?!), fragrance has always been such a huge marker for brand lifestyle, to me.  Both Arquiste fragrances are unique, in their own right, and exclusive to J.Crew.  I'm not sure if either is what I would equate to the scent of J.Crew, but time will tell.  I am incredibly sensitive to scent, so please try for yourself.  They have already embraced a following around here!  Below are excerpts from the company's own site:

Curated by an architect specializing in Historic Preservation, Arquiste is a fragrance collection  that transports  the  wearer  to evocative moments in history....
...Arquiste was honored on January 2013 with the Fashion Group International’s 16th Annual Rising Star Award for best Beauty/Fragrance Entrepreneur Brand. Boutonniere No.7, our green floral eau de parfum, was chosen as one of the top five fragrances launched in the United States during the Fragrance Foundation Awards in New York City in June 2013.

Check them out!

I have long been a lover of all things MeriMeri.  The affair continues with these adorable cupcake sets!  Also available in pink, the colors are clean and bright...and who doesn't love a glittery star?

So, there she is...the first glimpse.  I hope you love it, and are just as excited for the crisp days ahead as I am!  I mean, let's finish enjoying summer...but let the "back to school" shopping begin!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics! i enjoyed them a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. Thanks for sharing them. There is so much to love.

    I didn't see the first sweater with the lace overlay on the website. Did I miss it or is it an in-store only item?
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! It's actually an early preview of next month, so it won't hit the stores & site for another few weeks. But, planning ahead is always a good idea... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the preview! It seems like a lot of items from the current rollout will transition well into the next! Quick question--in the mannequin in the 4th picture (last one) is that the endless shirt in navy stripe with the cropped cotton sweater in navy or is it a different sweater?

    ReplyDelete