Monday, October 14, 2013

October Fab Fifteen

October Fab Fifteen

And...I'm back!  The unplanned hiatuses continue to take me by surprise.  The last week and a half has been a whirlwind...but very productive!  There are so many amazing things on the horizon for Maison KMV, and I can't wait to share them!
In the interim, I've decided to take some time to reflect back on all the gorgeous finds I've bookmarked for my October wish list.  I've said it often, but autumn is truly my favorite time of year!  The colors are rich and beautiful, especially evident in this amazing oxblood stretch leather skirt (Net-A-Porter, $1395), this gorgeous saffron and grey bra, by Elle Macpherson (Anthropologie, $30), and this timeless lace raglan t-shirt, by The Kooples (Harrod's, $175).  And there are truly no words for the technicolor floral and lace cafe capris (J.Crew Collection, $450)...amazing!  I will be accenting these deep colors with this Zara beaded necklace ($30) in primary colors, to punch it up a bit.
I love to balance all that color with beautiful neutral pieces, like the navy and cream feather print mini (Stella McCartney, $1195).  This gorgeous skirt has been on my must have list, since the preview back in April!  The Donna Karan cardigan, in misty grey, is cashmere perfection (Net-A-Porter, $1995), and I will dream of it until the day I own it!  But, for the more budget-savvy, the detail on the embroidered lace merino sweater, from J.Crew ($98), adds some drama to a neutral base.
I'm sticking with the classics to finish off my October look.  A rich, cognac colored tote, from Zara, fits everything, and at a budget friendly $60.  I'm partial to my Madewell The Archive Boot in cognac, so I think it's a no-brainer to add this distressed leather version to the collection ($348).  And, since I was scouting all the new Madewell goods, I couldn't resist adding this beautiful belted leather bomber ($525).  It is the perfect amount of distressed, and in a gorgeous shade that will elevate any look!  Finishing off the classics, is the new neutral, leopard print Martina calf hair wedges (J.Crew, $358).  From denim to leather, these shoes add instant chic!  I can never have a wish list without a new pair of jeans...these patched Zara ($80) are collegiate-cute, and a relaxed boyfriend fit.  My fave!  And, the double sided scarf (also Zara, $36), is so huge, it could double as a throw!  I will look forward to wrapping myself in this coziness all season long!  And, because I'm just about tiring of my favorite feather ring, I'm looking to replace it with the sparkle of this smokestone ring (Madewell, $22).
I'd love to be able to say that completes the October wish list, but that would just be ridiculous!  There is just too much gorgeous out there!  We'll call it "The First Half of October List," and look forward to highlighting more amazing items as the month continues...
Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment