Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Double Pink (Triple Max)...


This is a story about how I wore white on white on white today...something that, with three kiddos, I don't have the opportunity to do too often.  Monochromatic navy?  All the time.  Grey with grey?  All day.  And it inspired me to look for a less neutral way to wear all one color.


But. of course, I got distracted on Pinterest, and ended up pinning 42,000 other things.  Which, in turn, led me to the scouring of Etsy for various baubles and tchotchkes.  Alas, I finally made it back to this pretty, little cake (why, yes, I do become slightly ADHD on Pinterest!).  In any case, it contained three of my favorite things...peonies, ombre and PINK!  I can say, with honesty, that I've never attempted the all pink ensemble.  Mostly, I'm guessing, because it seems like it would be unavoidable to look costumey.  Not the case...as evidenced in the inspo photos below.


This is one of those pictures that sends me into a frenzy.  Since I have never seen any sweater fitting this description, and it is (obviously) perfection in every way, I will be searching high and low to find it's match.  Like. for. ever.  Until I find it.  Love the pale blush shade, the oversized stitch and the slouchy fit.  It is unbelievably amazing with this palest shell pencil skirt.
J'adore!


This look follows the same rule of start with a slouchy sweater...a trend that I've really absorbed, of late.  It is surprisingly chic.  Love this colorblock sweater with bubblegum pink jeans.  And the glasses, oh the glasses!
So, pink on pink on pink on pink is in the works.  I will tread carefully, as should you, so as not to look like a circus act!

No comments:

Post a Comment